Monday, June 8, 2009

MOVING! MOVING!! MOVING!!!~~~

I swear I truly HATE moving.
We started moving Tuesday evening and are still trying to get finished up. I think we will be done tonight (or I really really hope to be anyway). Barney and I are old and I really have to have lots of breaks but we have kept plugging away each day and by golly I can see a light at the end of the tunnel now. Saturday we had a huge yard sale and moved at the same time. We are going from a three bedroom house with a family room to a TINY one bedroom cottage with no family room soooo we had a lot of extra furniture and clutter that just had to go. The yard sale was a success and we got rid of tons of stuff (thank God!!) Sunday it rained and rained which slowed us down quite a bit. It was also my sweet niece Tiffanie's baby shower and there was NO WAY I was going to miss that. We were supposed to be finished yesterday. Oh well you can only do so much.
I have been doing a lot of moping, whining and, complaining about this move but I know it was the right move for us right now. One of the many things making me mope around was the fact that I had got the sweetest little chihuahua puppy named Lizzy and I was forced to give her up. My sister Kari gave her to me and I was so freakin' happy about it. Kari was going to take her back but I wasn't going to be able to see her much. Well it all turned out, my sister in law Diane has been aching for a puppy for... Oh...hmmm... well, for a very long time. She fell in love with Lizzy (of course, who wouldn't) She started working on Alan immediately. He said no many many times but she must have been pretty persistent because Saturday night as we were packing and moving, Diane and Alan came down. Diane came in scooped Lizzy up and said "I'm really your mom now!!" Earlier in the day she had come down to our yard sale and as she and Lizzy gave kisses to each other, she told my daughter Carson that she was pretending to be Lizzy's new mom....LOL It was so sweet and it melted my heart to see Diane sooooooooooo happy. Thanks for letting Lizzy become part of your family Alan and Diane it will be so great to be able to see her regularly still and know that she is in such a great loving home. Love you guys!!

1 comment:

Doran & Jody said...

Hi Linda! So glad you stopped by my blog so I can find you. Now I can keep posted on how you are doing.

Good luck on the move! Where are you?