Well Aubrey made a lot of phone calls to get prices for moving her things to Florida. Everywhere she called it was going to cost to much. We started brainstorming ideas and made a few more calls. Now the plan is Barney and I are going to be driving her and Dylan cross country then flying home. WHAT AN ADVENTURE!!
It's going to be a fairly quick trip with no time for much sight seeing, but I think it will be nice spending some extra time with her and Dylan. Plus we will be able to see for ourselves where she will be living and make sure she is going to be okay.
I'm having an extremely hard time with all of this but I'm also excited for her to get out in the world and live her life.
Aubrey is my oldest daughter and all the firsts with her seemed extra hard on me. I remember when she was 4 and she went across the street to play. I sat at the kitchen table and cried as I watched her. I just couldn't believe she was old enough to cross the street and play with friends.
Her first day of school, I walked her to her classroom. She was so scared and didn't want me to leave her. It took everything in me to walk away from her and leave her behind.
Now She is all grown up and a mother herself. I want her to live her own life, but I wanted it done a little closer to home. She has always lived at home and I've grown used to having her and Dylan around ALWAYS. I know she will be happy. Nick is a great guy and a wonderful father. I keep telling myself they will come visit but, with the economy the way it is who knows when that visit will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment