I have had a great job that I loved for over 12 years. Monday the rug was pulled out from under me and I was kicked to the curb. After giving 200% to that company to say I was devastated would be an understatement. I am full of regret, scared to death of what I am going to do and, well.. am just feeling lost. My life feels like it has spun out of control. I am trying to find the silver lining in all that has transpired over the last few days but am finding it VERY difficult. Sometimes life is hard and things happen for a reason...these are things that I have been telling myself over and over and OVER again.
With Thanksgiving coming up next week I thought I would try listing the many things I am thankful for.
I have an incredible family that love me, that is a pretty big deal..Barney is right there to lift me up, wrap me in his arms and dry my tears when a wave of emotion gets the better of me.
My girls have given hugs, listened to my fears and made sure I knew that this is just temporary. I was in serious need of some good cheer so, Aubrey pulled out our Christmas decorations (I know it's WAY early, but I needed it) and together we started to decorate the house
Did Christmas crafts and then topped off the night by watching the Polar Express with our sweet boys.
My darling grandsons could sense gramma was sad, they each came to me for no reason, wrapped their arms around my neck and smothered me with all the hugs and kisses I could ask for.
Jace looked up and saw a tear, he gently wiped it away and told me not to cry and that it was OK because he was there. He was so RIGHT!
Dylan came and laid down next to me. He laid his head on my shoulder gave a big squeeze and told me he would cuddle with me forever...as long as we could watch a Christmas show... Gosh I love those boys! My mood improved a lot.
My amazing sis~in~law was there to lend an ear and a shoulder over a steaming cup of coffee...just having the support of my family has kept me going.
I am grateful for my health. I am in reasonably healthy for an old fat girl.
I am grateful to have a roof over my head, a warm bed, and food to fill my tummy.
All of my needs are taken care of...soooo....I guess I should be a happy girl...I'm sure I will be soon...I am inching my way through and know things will get better.
Thank you all for being there for me....I LOVE you all more than you know.
I am still both shocked and devastated by it all but know that I will get through it and eventually things will work themselves out.
1 comment:
Hey there sweet Linda sue loo..
A big morning hug to you :)
cant wait to see your gorgeous christmas decor. It is always so heart warming.
The doors to Wonder will more than likely close forever tomorrow :(
Oh pooh! On a happier crafty note, check out this blog an d her craftiness with one of those cable spools Barney brought home for us.
http://thriftycraftoholic.blogspot.com/2012/11/cable-reel-side-table.html
Post a Comment